Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Frio River at Garner State Park


9x12 oil on cotton canvas panel
$250 (email me if interested)

I am happy to say I am now exhibiting some of my work in Susan Carlin Art Studio and Gallery. The owner is Susan Carlin, a fantastic portrait artist. You can watch her paint on Ustream.tv.com on Tuesday nights at 6:00pm est. She is so upbeat and a pleasure to be around. The other two artists in the gallery are Marilyn Moore and Bonnie Mann. Marilyn paints with watercolors. She does beautiful scenes of the Riverwalk in San Antonio. Bonnie paints in oils. Her still lifes are so eloquent. I feel so special being asked to be a part of their gallery family.

This painting is from another photo I took when Jim and I went camping at Garner State Park. I really tried hard to capture the blue of the water against the fall colors in the trees. That is what attracted me to the scene in the first place.

7 comments:

Dean H. said...

Beautiful painting, Kim. You played the fall foliage against the blue stream very well. Congrats on the new gallery representation. I admire Sue Carlin's work.

Dean H. said...

Hope you don't mind, but you've been tagged. Please join in, if you'd like. Check out my blog for the rules of engagement. ;)

Sylvia Jenstad said...

what an inviting painting... beautiful...

kim shields said...

Dean H., Thank you. I am delighted to be tagged. I will get to it asap.

kim shields said...

Sylvia, Thank you for looking at my work. I went to your blog and I love the dreamlike mood of your paintings.

Bonnie Mann said...

Kim, Thank you for the nice comments on your "gallery mates". I admire your work and am so enjoying the opportunity to view it while I work in the gallery.

Susan Carlin said...

Kim... imagine my surprise to come by and see your kind words. Thank you! It's an honor having your work in the gallery.