Saturday, December 22, 2007
Joanne, sorry about the delay in responding to your tag. am thrilled to get your tag, I have been visiting my son who is in the Air Force at Charleston, SC. He wasn't able to come home for Christmas so my Mom and I went to him. We stopped in Savannah and Beaufort, SC to see the beautiful old homes along the coastal waterways.
Here are the rules: 1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog. 2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. 3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as wellas links to their blogs. 4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are 5 things about me:
1. Jim and I spent six weeks on a motorcycle traveling from Texas to the west coast and back.
2. I once raced in a powderpuff motorcross.
3. I ran all the electrical wires and pvc pipe in our house, of course with directions from Jim.
4. I owned and ran a liquor store for seven years, two years ago we sold it so I could paint full time.
5. In 1993, while teaching high school art, I was able to take some classes at the Savannah School of Art and Design.
You are tagged:
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
6x8 oil on cotton canvas panel
$75 (email me if interested)
I am still painting, I just haven't had anything to post because I am working on a large 24 x 36 painting. Other bad excuses I have is of course the holiday rush and I am also preparing for a road trip the week before Christmas so I have to have all my Christmas preparations done before I leave. Here is a painting I did before I started the larger one. It was from a photo I took on one of my trips to Taos. I tried to make the background feel really cold.