Thursday, July 24, 2008

New York Sidewalk Florist


11x14 oil on stretched cotton canvas
$400 (email me if interested)

I was given a challenge by my husband and son. They tell me I need to put people in my paintings. I think I have been afraid of painting people. I took the challenge. This painting is from a photo I took of my daughter when we took our first trip to the big Apple. We were both fascinated by the flowers and produce sold on the sidewalks. This is the first painting I have done with so much detail. I really enjoyed it. You really get caught up in reflections, structures, colors and PEOPLE. I am happy with it. I think I will try this again.

2 comments:

kristen elisabeth said...

Oh, I love it! Especially the reflections around the neon and the details. I'm glad you tried this. :)

Dean H. said...

This is really good work, Kim.

Congrats on your review at Empty Easel!

I have awarded you the Brillante Weblog award - you can read the info on my blog. You can pass it on or not, your choice. I figured this was just a nice way to let you know I appreciate your work.

Deano