Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Santa Fe Farmers Market


12x16 oil on stretched cotton canvas
$500 (email me if interested)

Again, I included people in my painting. I really enjoyed painting people in my New York Sidewalk Florist. On my last visit to Santa Fe, I went to their fall farmers market. The colors of the hand-dyed yarn hanging under the bright blue canopy caught my eye. I also knew this man would be an interesting character to paint. When painting a scene such as this I feel as though I am there again. I guess it is because I spend several days studying and painting all the details. You begin to see things you didn't notice before.

3 comments:

Don Gray said...

Nicely done, Kim. Strong sense of a fleeting moment. I can feel myself there.

Unknown said...

I really like this one, Kim! You have done a very believable job on each of the figures - I especially love the dreadlocks! Really nice colors in this piece as well... you really seem to be hitting your stride these days with the paintings you are posting. Congratulations!

Susan Carlin said...

Kim! I loved seeing this painting at the SAVA show last night. You do wonderful work. So glad to have become acquainted. Hope it won't be long until I see you again.