Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Another passion

For those of you that have come to my blog expecting to see something new, I apologize. I have been working on a 27" x 110" mural commission. I hope to finish in the next week. Meanwhile, I would like to share with you my love of scrapbooking. Before I started painting full time I was scrapbooking. I love old and new photos and paper products. I also love collage with mixed media. I believe sometimes scrapbooking gets a bad rap as a artistic outlet. There are some very creative artists using these techniques. I made this album about a year ago for a competition. The album had to be about yourself. For my album, I was inspired by the works of Georgia O'Keeffe.

This is the front cover. I did the red poppy in colored pencils and and made the bone closure out of Fima clay.


1 comment:

Angela Fehr said...

The album is gorgeous, Kim! I too balance painting, scrapbooking and a host of other crafty loves. I love that scrapbooking has made paper crafting so mainstream and I enjoy trying to cross over scrapbooking techniques to my more traditional painting.