Sunday, April 6, 2008

Herding the Cows


8x10 oil on canvas panel
$250 (email me if interested)sold

While driving through Truchas, NM on a small one lane road I came across this group of cows in the middle of the road. I could not pass so of course I had to stop. I was reaching for my camera when along the side of the car came a Dingo. He immediately knew he had a job to do. I was fascinated by the way he knew exactly what to do. There was no one around to direct him, it was his own instinct.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful scene, Kim. I like this painting best of all the work you have posted so far. There is so much to enjoy - rich detail - and the whole color scheme is rally harmonious. Just lovely!!!

kim shields said...

Joanne, after my workshop, I have been working real hard on my colors. Thank you so much for noticing.

Jennifer Bellinger said...

Hi Kim,
Super painting! Perfect composition! You lead the viewer into the painting via the road, where it meets a gate. Mystery, what is beyond the gate? Interest. Back to the Dingo/Cows which is the center of interest (lightest light/darkest dark). I love this painting! You may have captured the perfect photo, but you with your artist's eye recognized the compostion!