Friday, September 14, 2007

Taos Truck


6x8 oil on cotton canvas panel
$75 (email me if interested)Sold

One of my favorite places to visit is New Mexico.
Back in October 2006 I took a workshop from Don Ward through the Taos Art School. I spent 5 days plein art painting, going to galleries, and taking photos for future paintings. I was in heaven! Don was able to take us to some locations that you had to have special permission to go. If you ever have a chance to take a workshop through the Taos Art School, take it. On one of my photo taking days I came across this truck in a field. The skys were gray and overcast and this pink truck really stood out. I think I will paint this truck again and this time I will do a larger painting with more of its surroundings.

3 comments:

Brendy Vaughn said...

What a fantastic truck! I love that color.

mattcd42 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.