Sunday, September 16, 2007

Abandoned


6x8 oil on cotton canvas panel
$75 ( email me if interested)

There's something about an old abandoned truck. It makes you feel as though it has a past filled with hard work. For every old truck you see out in a field all alone there is probably a man and his sons that worked hard every day to keep food on the table. These trucks were seen out in a field in historical Gruene,Texas. If you are ever in the New Braunfels and San Antonio area you have to go by and visit Gruene. A great place to stroll, shop and eat. They have the oldest dance hall in Texas, Gruene Hall. Watch for a painting of Gruene Hall I just got inspired talking about it.

2 comments:

Dean H. said...

Hi Kim! Just "found" your blog. Really enjoy your work. Your blog looks great. Welcome to the 'blogasphere'.
Dean

kim shields said...

you are my first commenter!Thank you so much, I was starting to feel like I was out there all alone. I looked at your blog also. Love the animals! They have such personality.