Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Rio Grande Gorge 2


11x14 oil on stretched cotton canvas
$350 (email me if interested)

I have painted this same view of the Rio Grande gorge in New Mexico once already. The first one was painted 2 years ago when I had just begun to paint again. I have been painting the sage greens, purple and orange mountains, blue skies of NM alot lately. I wanted to see if I have learned anything or even would visually treat this scene differently. Our trip to Nm and Co got set back a week because the motorcycle wasn't ready. I hope it isn't too cold. I want to paint and Jim wants to ride. I bought a roll of primed cotton canvas and a sheet of masonite to make my own panels. I wanted an assortment of small sizes to take with me. I also made a wet canvas holder.

No comments: