Thursday, November 8, 2007

Rio Grande Gorge


12x16 stretched canvas
$200(email me if interested)

I have been working on a larger piece this past week. My blog was looking a little sad with nothing posted lately so I decided to post a painting I had done at my Don Ward workshop in Taos, New Mexico. It was almost dusk and we were all set up at a road side park across the highway from the gorge. This must be a popular spot to paint the gorge because when I was gallery hopping in Santa Fe last month I noticed several paintings from this same angle. During our painting session, we had a visitor drive up and actually buy a students painting right off her easel. I was a little starry eyed then. I like this painting because I feel I captured the late afternoon colors. I love the sage green and purples together.

No comments: