Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Magnolia Cafe


8x8 oil on stretched cotton canvas
$100 unframed (email me if interested)SOLD
Another painting in my series of Austin Landmarks. Magnolia Cafe is located on South Congress (SoCo). It is open 24 hours with a massive menu and wonderful food made with fresh ingredients. Last time I was there my daughter and I shared the best Queso dip topped with avocado slices that I have ever tasted and I have eaten a lot of Queso dip.
I have also started a larger painting so the Austin paintings are on hold for a few days or maybe weeks, depending.

3 comments:

Susan Carlin said...

Wonderful! I love that you completely focused on the sign, and I love the perspective. You'll do well with the Austin landmarks collection, I'm certain. Great idea!

Jo Castillo said...

This is great. Amazing that it is so small. Great series.

Unknown said...

This is a great painting Kim. ALL of it works for me, glad I found your site and thank you for the comments on my blog as well.