Friday, April 3, 2009

Enchanted Rock #2


20x24 oil on stretched cotton canvas
NFS
It has been awhile since I have posted anything. Even so, I have been painting everyday. I recently finished this larger piece. It is a gift for my wonderful Air Force son. Shhh! don't tell. He hasn't seen it yet. He will be coming home on leave in a couple of weeks. It is for his new apartment to remind him of Texas. I hope he likes it. I have also been doing a series of urban landscapes of Austin. I will post some of them later.

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

This is beautiful, I love the soft feel it has for such rugged objects. It tells a great story.

Bonnie Mann said...

I like this version of the rock as much as your first. I know you will be discovered one day! I look forward to seeing your paintings of the Austin area.