Sunday, February 24, 2008

Saltshaker and Sunflowers


6x8 oil on cotton canvas panel
$75 (email me if interested)

These sunflowers have lasted a lot longer than I thought they would. I had planned on working on my second painting of sunflowers Friday, but life got in the way, and I wasn't able to work till last night. I had fretted all day the flowers were going to be past their prime before I got to them. I bought them on Tuesday night and it is Sunday morning, I may even get to paint them again today. Yea! I added my little green glass saltshaker to this one. I have painted it before. I love painting the green glass with the rusted patinaed top. Painting these giant sunflowers on a small canvas seemed to humble them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kim,

I am really enjoying these 2 paintings of sunflowers. I love how you have treated the seed pod so differently in each - the purple is actually quite beautiful. I would never have thought to do a purple centre! The glass in each piece is a nice juxtaposition to the flowers - nice compositions, nice paintings!