Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tucked Away


6x8 oil on cotton canvas panel
$100 (email me if interested)

After struggling for weeks on my larger painting, it felt so good to do a smaller painting and actually finish it “alla prima”. What I like the most about painting small is making single brushstrokes to bring out details. My favorite part of this painting is the reflection of the pots in the window. Do you see it? One small drag of the brush and WAH LA a reflection! This is a small courtyard tucked away behind an art gallery on Canyon Road.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kim,
Again you have done such nice work on those shadows...and especially the cast shadow behind the tree! I do love the reflections of the jars. Because they are "incomplete" they add a bit of mystery! But the artistic touch for me is that stroke of yellow on the wall behind the jars - it is that element of surprise and subtleness that draws people in without their even being aware of why!
Thanks for adding my name to your links - that is a very nice surprise. I have done the same for you on my blog. Have a great weekend. I'll be visiting you again soon.
Joanne