Sunday, October 7, 2007

High Road to Taos


Fall is coming...

I am packing my paints and my clothes for a weeks visit to one of my favorite places for inspiration, New Mexico. My itinerary includes Santa Fe for some gallery visits, Chimayo (hopefully for some plein air) and I also want to drive north of Espanola to see some art studios.
I visit other artists blogs on a daily basis and I am beginning to question what direction my painting is going in. I am hoping with some time off to reflect and be inspired I can find my direction. It seems to me reading and viewing other artists, they all seem to know what they are trying to evoke in their painting. I have just started painting full time less than a year ago and my conscience tells me to give it time but I am not a very patient person. I wasted so much of my life not painting ( I am 53 years old) I want it now.
See you in a week!

No comments: